Monday, June 28, 2010

BET Awards 2010

For some reason, BET wasn't working on my tv. I would have liked to watch the red carpet but noooooo. It's a shame Beyonce wasn't there because I have a feeling she would have looked AMAZING. I'm surprised a lot of the attendees wore long sleeves. I would have been dying. Anyways, here is some of the fashion from the BET Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium in LA.

I’m yawning right now but you can’t tell. Taraji P. Henson wore a silver/lilac dress by Mandalay. She usually wears really great clothes and has amazing style for award shows but this one is just really boring and the shoes don’t help.


Nicki Minaj wore a vintage Rocha dress. It’s a gorgeous dress that's just worn the wrong way. Her hair is pretty weird. It doesn't really go with the long white dress. She's trying two different styles here...elegant and eccentric. It's just not working.



Keri Hilson wore a vintage Bill Blass dress with a vintage Azzedine belt paired with Louboutin shoes. I don’t really care for this look. She could have worn something umm..prettier?




I’m not hating this dress on her. I actually think it’s a pretty interesting and it works for the occasion. I just don’t understand why she is wearing the sunglasses. It just kind of ruins it for me? I cannot find who designed this dress! UGHHH!


I actually like this Zuhair Murad dress on Vivica A. Fox which is weird because I didn’t like it on Elizabeth Reaser at the Eclipse premiere. It’s interesting that she’s wearing the same shoes that Dakota fanning wore. hmmmm….


Ashanti wore a red floor length gown to the award show. I think she looks really good. If she’s trying to make a comeback then it’s definitely working. AND It frustrates me that I can’t find out who designed the gown…



This is easily my favorite look from the night. Ciara wore an black edgy dress from the Balmain Fall 2010 ready-to-wear collection. Usually looks straight from the runway don’t really translate well on the red carpet but this look really works. I love that she paired this dress with the boots.

Photos: AP/getty

2 comments: